- Are you a forest owner?
- Do you want to maximise returns from your woodland?
- Do you want to learn more about managing your plantation?
- Do you want to acquire the skills and knowledge to undertake work in your own plantation?
- Do you want to take ownership of your trees on your land?
Managing your Timber PlantationPro-active management of your plantation will ensure you maximise returns from your forest investment.
Many forests in Donegal have been established on challenging sites. Returns from forestry can be relatively small particularly where difficult site conditions prevail such as exposure and poor ground conditions. The small average size of plantations makes marketing timber even more difficult.
By organising into a group woodland owners in Donegal can increase the saleability of their produce and bring their plantations into active management increasing the quality of their produce and thus the returns.
The DWOSL is assissting its Members in growing their woodland to its full potential by providing a range of Services, hosting field days and seminars throughout the year.
In addition to other potential membership benefits, such as:
- Accessing update information on developments in the forestry sector
- Keeping you informed of issues affecting growers in Donegal
- Developing markets for produce from your woodlands
- Marketing your timber
Following is a link collection of various areas that our members expressed an interest in:Deer Management
Tending and Thinning of Broadleaves - Guidelines by TEAGASC